Touching Hearts Hospice Care is a small start-up Hospice Company seeking a Medical Director and Alternate Medical Director. The candidate must be a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from an accredited institution and have a valid, unrestricted DEA registration. Please contact Britney Webster (Owner, RN, BSN) @ [email protected]
- Certify the terminal prognosis of the patient;
- To provide explicit information and timely hospice orders for the benefit of the patient;
- To define the parameters as to when the physician wants to be contacted with regard to changes in the patient’s condition;
- To make agency aware of the availability of physician medical coverage for the patient and inform agency who to contact after hours or in case of an emergency;
- To function as a part of the Interdisciplinary team that meets every two weeks (by phone or in person) in the care planning process upon initial plan, subsequent IDG meetings and as appropriate when the patient’s condition warrants ;and sign physician orders and the plan of care in a timely manner;
- Provide complete Face to Face documentation for Medicare beneficiaries required for patients who enter their third benefit period (approaching 7th month of care). F2F must occur within 30 days prior to the start of 3rd benefit period.