Are you searching for a rewarding leadership career in Palliative Medicine in one of the top rated cities in the country? Austin Palliative Care, in collaboration with Hospice Austin, is seeking a full-time Palliative Care Medical Director to join our newly established Community Based Palliative Care Program. We work closely together to provide exceptional care to patients and families, and education to the community at large. Hospice Austin has a nearly 40-year history of serving patients and their families. Come join our team, which includes two physicians and five nurse practitioners, and enjoy a career working in a palliative care environment that values its clinicians and offers a competitive benefits package, including a CME allowance.
The Palliative Care Medical Director position allows and encourages professional growth. This position encompasses a mix of clinical and administrative responsibilities and will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Practice Manager. These responsibilities include the following
- Leadership of the palliative care program
- Providing home and nursing facility visits
- Supervising the nurse practitioners, and other team members
- Interfacing with and providing education to the healthcare community
- Staying current on policy and regulatory issues on the national and state level