Hospice Austin is seeking a part-time physician for 1-2 weekends a month. The candidate will have experience caring for seriously ill people. Specialties might include: Geriatrics, Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
*This position is a contract position. The candidate will Not be a Hospice Austin or Austin Palliative Care Employee.
Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday with some flexibility
- Provide direct client care to hospice/palliative clients in a hospice facility.
- Provide medical aspects of care in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team, attending collaboration with physicians, social workers, certified nursing assistants and chaplains
- Participate in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care in accordance with professional standards of practice
MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years of applicable experience in the treatment of end of life care.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services requirements.
- Experience effectively collaborating with a diverse group.