|The Rays of Hope (ROH) Director is responsible for the ongoing operation of the Rays of Hope program. Oversees the development, coordination, execution, and evaluation of all programs and events concerning Rays of Hope Children’s Grief Centre. This is an exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises, directs the training of, and supports ROH staff and volunteers.
2. Directs programs including support groups, classes, events and projects.
3. Supervises referral, registration, and database.
4. Oversees the development of the curriculum of ROH.
5. Oversees proper use and scheduling of the ROH building.
6. Coordinates media contacts, social media, and advertising for ROH. Markets ROH programs and services to the community.
7. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for ROH. Monitors the allocation of resources according to budget. Identifies opportunities for cost containment and improved fiscal viability.
8. Participates in grant writing and fundraising.
9. Continually assesses new opportunities for community education concerning children and grief. Presents educational events pertaining to ROH. Represents ROH to the community at scheduled public events.
10. Provides consultation to HOM families with children when needed. Participates in HOM team activities as needed.
11. Coordinates educational experiences, provides supervision, and completes requirements for student interns.
12. Coordinates the ROH Committee.
13. Promotes Hospice of Midland and ROH in the community.
14. Supports the Hospice of Midland and ROH Mission and Values.
15. Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
1. Must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
2. Must pass a drug test and criminal check and have a satisfactory driving history.
3. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
4. Must have good general office and telephone skills.
5. Must have good computer skills and knowledge of programs used by the agency.
6. Must have the ability to prioritize projects, be organized and flexible.
7. Must be available for flexible hours.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
9. Must be punctual, reliable and available during office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and for on-call as required; duties may include regular hours outside of these.
10. Organization personnel are expected to participate in appropriate education as may be requested by their immediate supervisor. In addition, organization personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
The Rays of Hope Director must be able to sit, stand, squat, bend, kneel, twist and climb. They must also be able to lift and push/pull up to 30 pounds. They also occasionally are exposed to dust, walk on uneven or rough ground, and work near moving equipment. Hands will be used for repetitively grasping and turning, fine manipulation and speed work.